By James Clackson
- Brings jointly contributions from across the world popular classicists, linguists and Latin language specialists
- Offers, in one quantity, a close account of alternative literary registers of the Latin language
- Explores the social and political contexts of Latin
- Includes new money owed of the Latin language in gentle of contemporary linguistic theory
- Supplemented with illustrations masking the advance of the Latin alphabet
Read or Download A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Realist imaginative and prescient explores the declare to symbolize the realm as it really is. ” Peter Brooks takes a brand new examine the realist culture and its extreme curiosity within the visible. Discussing significant English and French novels and work from the 19th and 20th centuries, Brooks presents a full of life and perceptive view of the realist venture.
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2010 within the topic English Language and Literature reviews - Literature, grade: 2,0, college of Hannover (Englisches Seminar), path: movie research, language: English, summary: Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau’s Nosferatu – Eine Symphonie des Grauens is a horror movie vintage from 1922.
Within the American H. D. , Annette Debo considers the importance of state within the creative imaginative and prescient and lifetime of the modernist author Hilda Doolittle. Her flexible occupation stretching from 1906 to 1961, H. D. used to be an enormous American author who spent her grownup lifestyles overseas; a poet and translator who additionally wrote experimental novels, brief tales, essays, stories, and a children’s e-book; a white author with ties to the Harlem Renaissance; an highbrow who collaborated on avant-garde motion pictures and movie feedback; and an upper-middle-class lady who refused to stick to gender conventions.
One of many significant novelists in global literature during the last 5 a long time, Mario Vargas Llosa (b. 1936) can also be one in all Latin America's most tasty public intellectuals, a critic of artwork and tradition, and a playwright of contrast. This Companion's chapters chart the advance of Vargas Llosa's writings from his upward thrust to prominence within the early Sixties to the award of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2010.
- Savage Eye: Melville and the Visual Arts
- Demasiada nieve alrededor (Spanish Edition)
- Foundations of Botany
- Corporeal Bonds: The Daughter-Mother Relationship in Twentieth-Century Italian Women’s Writing (Toronto Italian Studies)
- Narrating Post/Communism: Colonial Discourse and Europe's Borderline Civilization (BASEES/Routledge Series on Russian and East European Studies)
Additional info for A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by James Clackson